What's in this article...
If you’re looking for something flashy, then this is not what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for power, precision and performance, then the Yard-Man 46-Inch Riding Lawn Mower is what you really need.
Mowing lawns can be a hassle, why make it more difficult for yourself by using less than stellar equipment and machines that and won’t get the job done?
Heavy duty mowing requires a heavy-duty machine therefore, leave the amateurs alone and bring in one of the big boys with this hard-core duty machine. It’s time to get on board with this incredible machine so that you can cut your grass with style and dignity.
This particular machine is perfect for those with a little extra cash and can afford a true riding mower. You can make it worth the investment by using the mower to cut the other lawns in your area. And because it’s comfortable and easy to operate, users of any age area abble to make a little extra ‘green’ in style.
This riding mower comes equipped with a powerful Briggs and Stratton 19.5 HP Powerbuilt engine and a manual PTO clutch as well as auto drive transmission. The deck is 42 inches wide with two deck wheels. It also comes non-CARB compliant which means that it is not for sale in California.
It weighs 530 pounds shipped and comes with a two-year warranty. You can buy this with complete confidence knowing that Yard Man will honor its machines. This is a riding lawn mower at its finest.
You will need a garage or a larger shed to store this mower in. Due to its size and weight, it does need some space. It is also complete overkill for smaller lawns and yards. But perfect for those who may be elderly or have other physical limitations that limit your ability to walk behind a push mower.
About the Manufacturer: MTD
This mower is owned by it’s parent company MTD. MTD was founded over a half a century ago has built its brand based on values of integrity, hard work, innovation, and reliance and respect for people. Since then, MTD has grown to be a worldwide leader of outdoor power equipment with facilities all over the world.
Based in Cleveland, their state of the art facilities have won awards for innovation and superior products. Their family of brand includes a long line of top-notch products and can be discovered in all channels of distribution like farm supply stores, hardware stores, retailers, home improvement stores and more.
Here are some of the other features…
- A manual clutch PTO
- 42-inch wide cutting deck
- Auto drive transmission
- Two-year limited warranty
- Non-CARB Compliant-not for sale in California
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Yard-Man 13A0785T055 46-Inch 19.5 HP Power built Auto-Drive Transmission Riding Lawn Mower
- Does its job well – cuts grass as good as the best of them. Superior performance in that category sets this machine apart.
- Made from the best –built incredibly well for long lasting materials. Should last years in your garage or shed.
- Wide cutting path- 42 inches allow you to do more with less time put out.
- Great for hauling things-it is a great hauling vehicle because of the strength of the Briggs and Stratton engine.
- Durable – many people have this machine for a long time. You should feel good that what you spend your hard earned money on will be there for the long haul.
- Reverse gear setback- if you try to ride and mow in reverse, the engine will shut down if the blades are engaged. A safety feature that can also be a hassle.
- 2-blade system- while not the worse it can be, it can be a three-blade system.
The Yard-Man 13A0785T055 46-Inch 19.5 HP Power built Auto-Drive Transmission Riding Lawn Mower comes at a point where it hype lives up to performance. In terms of handling, it’s a pro, as well as having a number of convenient features.
It doesn’t get any better than this; you can feel good knowing that your machine will last. Priced along the same lines of its competitors won’t throw many people off the horse, but if you have a peculiar lawn that requires twisting and cutting, you may want to think twice. Otherwise, this is definitely a solid buy.