What's in this article...
This riding lawn mower is no fancy toy. Rather, this is a remarkable machine that gets the job done on all levels. The Yard Machines Riding Lawn Mower blends power, durability, and reliability for people who need a riding mower that more than delivers.
A Yard Machine lawn tractor is set apart, with its shift on the go transmission that works hard so you won’t have to. This lawn mower also features a 17-1/2-torque engine from Briggs and Stratton and has a full seven speed manual transmission. The frame on this model is a LT 5, and the deck is a full forty-two inches.
The front axle is made in steel.
This riding mower comes complete with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty for complete confidence when you buy. This is what experts call an excellent piece of machinery that comes packed with features that can keep you safe. Not only that, you can look good in your neighborhood when they see you riding on one of these.
If you’re after a ride that’s way above the status quo, then this is the way to go. You will begin to see the difference when you notice your well-manicured yard after just a few times on your Yard Machines mower.
About the Manufacturer: MTD
This mower is owned by it’s parent company MTD. MTD was founded over a half a century ago has built its brand based on values of integrity, hard work, innovation, and reliance and respect for people.
Since then, MTD has grown to be a worldwide leader of outdoor power equipment with facilities all over the world. Based in Cleveland, their state of the art facilities have won awards for innovation and superior products. Their family of brand includes a long line of top-notch products and can be discovered in all channels of distribution like farm supply stores, hardware stores, retailers, home improvement stores and more.
This one weighs 450 pounds and has a 42-inch cutting deck. It’s non-CARB compliant (which means it’s not for sale in California) and can be shipped to virtually every location within the U.S.
Here are some of the other features…
- A Shift on the go 7-speed transmission
- 42-inch wide cutting deck
- 17-1/2 HP 502cc Briggs & Stratton Engine
- Two-year limited warranty
- 1.36 gallon fuel tank
- Non-CARB Compliant-not for sale in California
Here are some of the pros and cons…
- Curb appeal – may not mean much to some, but it definitely has a look that’s a head turner.
- Smooth riding at its best –another element of performance, this has a great riding experience that doesn’t make it feel like a clunker when you’re on it.
- Wide cutting path- the cutting swath makes it quicker to get around lawns with less passes, which means more time for you.
- Great for hauling-whether you’re hauling fire wood, rock, or mowing, this machine makes it easier for it all.
- Guzzles gas-as to be expected, this is a gas-powered machine, therefore be prepared to keep it filled with gas and the issues that come with it. Other than that, this is a fine machine.
The Yard Machines 42-Inch Riding Lawn mower comes with a ton of features that will keep its users happy on paper, but its performance is what really sets this machine apart from the others. Hardly a negative review can be found on this riding mower, partially because they’re still a lot of people who haven’t been fortunate enough to ride on one.
But it seems at least to the ones that have, there are riding high.