The fifty-pound spreader has a patented three-hole drop system called Ev-N-Spred that ensures even fertilization.
The handle is adjustable and it also has three positions to allow for greater comfort. On top of that, you can speed up the pace or slow the pace down with the control sets on the handle. This is versatility at its best.
Built to last, the spreader has a one hundred and seventy five pound load bearing capacity that adds for greater durability.
It also has strong thirteen-inch pneumatic tires with poly rustproof rims that are designed for long lasting usage. Earthway has made a spreader that is both technical and practical enough for everyday usage.
They also included in the box a super duty gearbox that is also made for the durability and long lasting wear and tear. Just by holding and engaging this tool, you’ll feel the vast difference in this machine from the other less durable and flimsy wannabes in its class.
Although it’s a home consumer class spreader, it does have a feel and performance of a commercial spreader, minus the price tag. It comes with extensive instructions that are required for assembly.
About its Manufacturer: Earthway
What's in this article...
Earthway products started in the mid 20th century as a family owned company based in the Midwest. They design, manufacture and produce products from Indiana that are used by both professionals and homeowners across the world.
The Ev-N-SPRED is a brand that is known worldwide as a leading name in spreading, and they have products that are sold under some of the biggest names in seed, fertilizer, lawn and garden industries. What has helped set them apart is that their production goes through a number of quality control stations before they are brought into delivery to their dealers around the world.
This product is 15.8 by 14.5 by 23.6 inches and weighs twenty-five pounds. In the box, it comes to your door at twenty-seven pounds and shipping is available to select countries outside the United States.
Here are some of the other features of the spreader
- Durable construction from a Walk behind broadcast spreader
- “Ev-N-Spred” patented system that allows for fertilization
- One hundred and seventy five pound load capacity heavy duty frame and thirteen inch pneumatic tires
- Adjustable handle included and spreading rate control
- One thousand three hundred and twenty five cubic inch capacity for fifty pounds of material
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Earthway 2150 Commercial 50-Pound Walk-Behind Broadcast Spreader
- Instructions are easy to follow – make sure that you set aside at least ninety minutes to get it off of the ground and running. For some consumers, it may have taken less, but this is a good barometer.
- Well designed – not something that was cheaply made in China; this is well built and made in America. This is a machine that you can feel proud of using.
- Great wheels – the wheels, although they have hubs that are plastic, they are better than the plastic ones that you find on units that are cheaper.
- Adjustable handle – makes it easier on your back so that you don’t’ have to bend over to push the spreader. This makes for less post yard work pain, which matters in the long run.
- Tools required to assemble – the assembly, while simple, definitely needs tools, it would be good to provide a list for them so that you’ll know beforehand what you need.
The Earthway 2150 is a quality, well-built machine that does its job well. The features on this machine helps set it apart from others in its class and its performance makes it definitely worth the investment.
You’ll be hard pressed to find something else out there like it. Therefore, we consider this a good buy at this price.
RATING: 4.0 out of 5.0